What We Do
Whether it’s an article in the Sacramento Bee or an excerpt from the State of the Union Address, real stories about real people are usually the most memorable and convincing elements. NextWave taps the immense power of the human interest angle through our Champions Programs.
Champions are people who have compelling experiences to share. They may be satisfied customers, like-minded small business owners, or association members who have been personally touched by an issue.
When included in a public affairs campaign, Champions can:
- Write detailed letters to legislators.
- Author informed public comments to regulatory agencies.
- Submit letters to the editor and op-ed pieces to local media outlets.
- Meet with legislators, individually or in conjunction with key influentials and other allies.
- Participate in press conferences, rallies, and other public events.
- Provide real life stories legislators can use on the floor and in campaign stops.
- Build momentum through blogs, Facebook posts, Twitter, and more.
But their value extends far beyond the current issue proposal. They can also:
- Supply testimonials for advertising campaigns, marketing materials, and branding efforts.
- Comment positively about the organization online and in social media.
- Spark human interest stories and “hooks” for articles.
- Serve as the basis for internal recognition programs, based on employees’ role in success stories.
With so many benefits, the question is…why not identify your Champions?
< Back to What We Do